I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On the 12th day of Christmas...

That is right, only 12 days to Christmas! Really can it be? Seems just like yesterday that it was Thanksgiving.
So far we have had a great Christmas season. My oldest treasure was in her school Christmas play and I must say she did a wonderful job. She quoted John 3:16 with her classmates and I was so proud! You would have thought she was the star of the play the way my husband and I were so excited! :-)

My house is warm and decorated for Christmas. Christmas presents are being wrapped and we are making precious memories with our little treasures!

Here is a picture of my Christmas mantel! I love the smell of fresh pine so I usually try to use it in my house somewhere when decorating. When I was a little girl my family always had a real Christmas tree. Since I like to put my tree up early and can honestly kill anything (even evergreens) I opt for an artificial tree! So I use natural and fresh decor in other parts of the house.





Here I used fresh pine, apples and pomegranates. The pine cones are cinnamon scented and as soon as you walk in the door you can smell them. This is a very simple and very inexpensive way to decorate! I love the fresh elements in my home.

Hope your Christmas season is as wonderful as mine. Tis the season to be jolly! :-)
Merry Christmas,
~Court

1 comment:

  1. great idea about the real pine/decorations-we have artificial too, and I looove the smell of pine. In the middle of moving, so our house is kind of Christmas sad right now! yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete