I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's All About Love

Been a little crazy around here for the past couple of weeks. You know, we think after Christmas everything is just going to slow down. For us it does some but never fails to pick back up.

I just love holidays! I remember when I was a kid I always looked forward to holidays. My family always celebrated most holidays in some way. Valentines day is quickly approaching and I have just been so excited. We should always let the ones we love know how much we love them, but how much fun is it to set aside a day to let them know! I look forward to it every year!

When I was a little girl my parents always got us gifts for valentines day. I remember my dad would buy us candy or perfume or something of that sort. You know, traditional valentines gifts. Mom always bought me clothes. My mother loves to shop for clothes! She is the best bargain hunter!

I remember my first valentines day with my husband. We had been dating about 7 months and I was so happy to be celebrating with him! He had just moved into his new house and I decided to cook dinner for him. So I went to his house early and got to work. We had homemade manicotti with meat sauce. I decorated the table in navy, with white tulips as the centerpiece and white china. It turned out beautifully. He had made my favorite for me, Chocolate covered strawberries. He also had the most beautiful arrangement of Calla Lillie's I have ever seen. Still to this day he has not topped those flowers! He set the bar high! It was the best Valentines day I had ever had! Now that we have been married with 7 years behind us and 2 special little treasures, we usually spend Valentines day at home. I still cook dinner and decorate my table nice for the family. However, now we make it a lot about the kids. We usually get each other a little something to express our love or get a sitter and go out to dinner.

I have opted to do homemade valentines this year, that my oldest treasure and I can make together for her friends. There are so many cute ideas on pinterest. I was playing around today and came up with this idea.
Thought this would be a cute little valentine for school or church. Just a little sidewalk chalk, ribbon, and cute tag and you're done.I'm doing a different valentine for my oldest treasure to give but for the youngest this might be the one!

Who do you want to make feel special this valentines day? I hope its a great day filled with lots of love!
~Court

1 comment:

  1. Cute!!! Can you believe I was just trying to come up with an idea with chalk too! ;) Great minds must think alike!

    ReplyDelete