I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, March 2, 2012

Tree Salad!

We have had lots of crazy weather lately! Unusually warm for February! So with it being warmer I've wanted to make lighter food for dinner. So today I made one of my favorite salads, Broccoli salad. Also called tree salad to my little treasures! They eat broccoli pretty good and at times we call them trees because of course they look like little trees!



1 bunch of broccoli
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup dried cranberries (crasins)
1/4 of a red onion finely chopped (or to your taste)
Dressing:
1 cup of mayo
2 tbs white vinegar
1/4 cup of sugar

Cut broccoli into florets and place in a medium sized bowl. Mix next 3 ingredients in. Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk pour over broccoli mixture and stir well so all salad is coated with dressing. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. I prefer mine made the day before because the longer the flavors sit together the better the salad!

This is one of my favorite salads hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment